Have you ever dreamed of starting your own business? Well, now’s the time. Sali Sasi and Julie Stevanja, co-creators of HER BLACK BOOK — and activewear giant Stylerunner — have long made it their mission to support and celebrate female founders (because, after all, they know first-hand how difficult bringing a business to life can be). In the lead up to International Women’s Day 2022, the pair are bringing that signature ethos to life, proudly announcing the latest partnership between Her Black Book and Samsung Electronics Australia, supporting female entrepreneurs to bring their visions to life.
Coinciding with the launch of Samsung’s Galaxy S22 Series, Samsung and Her Black Book will be hosting a panel event — Up Close with Her Black Book, powered by Samsung — including an incredible lineup of trailblazing business leaders sharing insights into their careers, as well as a grant package worth over $40,000 to support Australian women in business to reach their goals.
Of the partnership, Sali says: "We are thrilled to align with Samsung for such a meaningful event. Having co-founded our own tech-startup along with my sister, we understand the challenges faced with launching and growing a business and the funding required to grow – so we welcome the opportunity to empower women in business and pay it forward to those starting out.”
Shaneez Johnston, Head of Corporate Affairs, Samsung Electronics Australia, adds: “At Samsung, our brand purpose is about creating innovations that will help people defy barriers and achieve things that have never been done before. In partnering with Her Black Book, we hope the event will provide valuable insights and peer connections for attendees and that the grants will offer the funding, technology and mentorship that will help local businesses achieve their goals and make 2022 a turning point in their entrepreneurial journeys.”
Keen to learn more? Scroll on for all the details.
Two winners will receive a grant of AUD $10,000 each to support the expansion of their business, and $5,000 in business coaching sessions from Her Black Book founders, Sali Sasi and Julie Stevanja. As well as a Samsung technology pack which includes a Samsung M7 Smart Monitor, Galaxy S22 Ultra smartphone, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra tablet, Galaxy Watch4 smartwatch and Galaxy Buds2.
The Panel will review each Eligible Entry and judge them based the following criteria:
- How grant funding will assist in removing barriers and help you to grow your business; and
- How ready your product or service is to take to market (In planning stage for go to market in the next 6 or 12 months).
- About you and your team
- If you have received any investment from external sources (including how much and the funding source). If not, why not?
- If you receive any non-financial assistance (e.g., mentoring, access to networks, advice or other guidance, etc.) If not, why not?
- What growth looks like for your business (e.g., in terms of revenue, employees, products etc.)
- How the grant will help you to leverage additional partnerships or support from other organisations.
- Why you and your business deserve to win this grant?
Entries Open, 22nd February 2022; Entries Close, 7th March 2022.
Judging period and winners announced
• For 2 x Major Prize winners: March 2022
*Terms and conditions for the competition can be found here.