What is Her Black Book?
Her Black Book is a curated Shopping & Discovery App that’s designed for the savvy woman who loves to shop! Find the best deals, discounts and value for money with your favourite local and global brands. Enjoy our digital mag for inspo, style tips and sales guides.
What is available for ‘Free’?
When you download the app you can browse hundreds of great retail deals for free in the ‘DISCOVER’ tab and via the category navigation along the top of the app. Deals that are marked ‘MEMBERS’ require a subscription.
In the Free subscription tier, you can also browse inspiration with access to most articles in the Her Black Book magazine.
What do I get if I ‘Subscribe’? Subscribe to upgrade your membership and get access to high value deals and flash sales in the ‘MEMBERS’ tab. As a member, you can also access 100% of the articles in our Her Black Book magazine.
A Subscription to our Premium tier is $24.99 per year, $14.99 for 6 mths and for 3 months $9.99.
Help! I’m trying to subscribe but I can’t!
Once you have selected your subscription tier (3, 6 or 12 months), try scrolling down until you see the ‘JOIN NOW’ button. If you still have any problems, email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do I need to follow Brands and Interests?
Apart from helping us bring you more deals that you will love, you will soon be able to get notifications of flash sales from your favourites, so you can say bye bye to deal FOMO and never miss a bargain from your beloved brands again.
What if I try a discount and it doesn’t work?
Her Black Book strives for the highest level of deal accuracy and we test each coupon when it is shared by the brands.
If you find a deal that is not working, please report it to email@example.com. We will check and update the app as soon as possible for all of our members. After all, saving you time is part of our purpose!
How can retailers get involved?
If you are a brand or retailer and would like to learn more about listing your offers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I share ideas or feedback?
We’d love to hear your thoughts! No idea or feedback is too small to make a difference. Please share it with us at email@example.com where our team will build it into our priority list. Thanks for taking the time!
How to change your subscription plan on your iOS (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch)
- Open the Settings
- Tap your name, then tap Subscriptions
- Tap the Her Black Book subscription
- If different types of subscriptions are available, a list appears. Tap the option that you want
- Tap Purchase
How to cancel on iOS?
- Go to general settings in your phone (it's the grey clog)
- Press the button that has your name and says apple ID, icloud etc
- Go to Subscriptions
- Look for Her Black Book app and press that
Hit the red cancel subscription button
How to cancel on Android?
- Goto Google Play app store
- Top right, tap the profile icon
- Tap manage apps & devices
- Tap Manage
- Tap the name of the app you want to delete
- Tap Uninstall
I need more help!
If we still haven’t answered your query and you need more assistance, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll also help us address the most frequently asked questions right here on this FAQ! Teamwork makes the dreamwork! Thank you for being part of the Her Black Book community.
What is the Cashback section of the app for?
Cashback is now available on the Her Black Book App. Cashback applicable offers are listed throughout the app. To withdraw your funds, you must have a PayPal account.
How do you find Cashback on the Her Black Book app?
Her Black Book now has the ability to earn Cashback in our app! It's easy to start earning — simply look out for the new pink banners that appear amongst the deals + promos on the app, indicating those that include a % cashback.
In a deal landing page, you'll also find a larger pink banner, where you can learn more about what cashback offers. Click the 'i' icon to see an explanation of when you'll receive your cashback following a purchase.
Example Cashback Banner:
Expanded Expanded Cashback Banner:
How to tell when you'll get your cashback:
In the expanded pink cashback banner, you'll find how long it takes to VERIFY your purchase and how long to RECEIVE your cashback.
Once your purchase is verified, you can go to the WALLET icon along the bottom of your HBB app and click TRANSACTIONS where you will see your pending cashback amount.
The cashback will become available in your Her Black Book wallet within the number of days stated under "RECEIVED" in the pink cashback banner. You can withdraw this cash to your PayPal as soon its available in your wallet.
What is Cashback & & how does it work?
Cashback is a type of retail incentive where brands will give you real cashback when you make a purchase during a specific promotional window, e.g. "get 10% cashback until midnight 31st December."
Cashback is managed by a cashback partner like Her Black Book, which will track and confirm the authorised purchase and manage a cashback wallet for you.
Once the funds have cleared the verification and pending period, you can withdraw the cash!
You'll never want to make a purchase without checking for cashback again!
How to redeem Cashback on Her Black Book
It's important you follow the correct steps to ensure your cashback sale is properly tracked so you can receive your cashback seamlessly.
Please pay important attention to the steps below, but don't worry, if something goes wrong, we have a cashback concierge ready to help.
- Download & open the Her Black Book mobile app.
- Browse any of the listed cashback deals or search for one by looking up your favourite brands, such as Nike or Sephora, or browse your favourite categories, like Fashion, Beauty, Homewares and more.
- An authorised cashback offer in Her Black Book will have an unmissable pink gradient banner which will expand when you click on it, sharing the % cashback, plus the verification and receipt period.
- Once you've found a cashback offer that you want, click the 'visit store' link at the bottom of that cashback page which will take you directly to the merchant's website via a special link which will track your purchase and facilitate the cashback. Browse and complete your purchase within that tab. Try not to not close the app or tab until you finish your purchase or your cashback may not be tracked properly.
- We know — interruptions happen! If you get disrupted during your shopping journey, come back to the Her Black Book app, look up that deal and click the 'visit store' link again to refresh the tracking and ensure it wasn't lost. You shouldn't need to start all over, you should find the cart is just where you left it.
- Repeat this process starting from the Her Black Book app every time you want to make a purchase.
- Avoid clicking any ads during this process which may override the tracking source instead of crediting your Her Black Book cashback wallet.
How long does it take to get my cashback?
There is a verification period (usually 48 hours) and a receipt period (usually 30 to 90 days). You can see both of these waiting periods upfront on any cashback deal by clicking the pink gradient Cashback banner.
Verification is the period during which your sale is being confirmed by the merchant. It will then appear in your 'Pending Transactions' list.
The cashback will then have a pending period of 30 - 90 days, until the return window has closed and the brand has passed on the funds to be disbursed to the customer.
You can view your Transaction List in your Her Black Book wallet anytime and see your verified deals, and how much longer until they become available to withdraw.
Can I withdraw my cashback?
Yes! Once you have accumulated a minimum of $10 cashback in your PayPal account, you can withdraw your funds. Currently, the authorised method of withdrawing funds is via a PayPal account. If you don't have a PayPal account, it's easy to create one. Your withdrawal request will then be processed and the cashback will be deposited into your account within 3 - 5 working days.
What if I placed a purchase but it's not appearing in my Transaction List after 48 hours?
Very occasionally, purchases do not track correctly, usually from not following the process in the tips above. In this case, please contact our cashback concierge with details of your purchase. We will contact the merchant's cashback customer care channel, and if your order can be verified manually, they will add it to your Transaction List and it will go through the same Pending Period above until you withdraw your cash.
Refer a Friend
Her Black Book rewards you with a bonus for every qualified new member (up to a total of 10 members) you have referred. Her Black Book also rewards your friend for signing up.
Details of the Refer A Friend bonus are:
Share your referral code with friends to earn up to $200* ($5 per friend you bring to HBB and $15 for any friend who signs up for a paid membership) your friends will also receive $5 Cashback to spend in the HBB app
When and how do I receive the bonus?
The relevant bonus for you and your friend will be credited into your respective Her Black Book “Wallets” a maximum of 60 days after your friend signs up or purchases the paid Her Black Book membership.